Monday, October 4, 2021

Very Little Swearing - Kansas Review.

 

Empty Swear Jar
Normally, during an Iowa State game I use up my weekly allotment of naughty words during the game, and this year because expectations have been high - I'm over my monthly allotment of the dirty vocabulary.  However, Saturday I predicted the game would be over by halftime.   In fact I was WRONG, it was over after the first quarter.   It was nice to watch the game without having to yell at the television like it was a toddler trying to touch a hot stove.   Plus, no alcohol needed during this game 


Brock Purdy's first quarter stats: 

  • 5/5 pashing (completed passes) 
  • 96 yards passing
  • 50 yards rushing 
  • 4 touchdowns  
  • 756.9 quarterback rating (made this one up) 230.8 for game
  • Most points in quarter for Iowa State Ever
  • Purdy has 25 school records and counting
With all the talk about Breece Hall being a Heisman Trophy candidate throughout the summer.   I had a debate with my nephew about the most valuable player on the Cyclones.   He argued it was Breece Hall.   I countered with Brock Purdy.   He suggested that Hall was the one that made the offense tick, and Hall was the catalyst to opening the offense for the passing game.   I had the exact opposite argument.   I believe Purdy kind of made my argument for me on Saturday.   

The Cyclone Wave
 Let's hope this is the beginning of Brock-tober.   The month when   Purdy and the Cyclones make their move and become the force that we   have expected all along.  



No comments:

Post a Comment