Monday, October 18, 2021

Games of Interest This Weekend.

 1.  #12 Oklahoma State (5-0) v. #25 Texas (4-2) - Oklahoma State is on the road and Texas is coming off a very close loss to their Red River Rival Oklahoma.   Both of these teams appears to be very good.   I believe Texas is under rated for once.   Normally, they get the standard Top 10 ranking for none other than being Texas.   Texas has arguably the best running back in The Big 12 - Bijon Robinson.   Oddly, the lower team is favored - Texas.   I really only care because Oklahoma State is the next opponent on the Iowa State roster.  Oklahoma State is balanced and solid all around.   But, I think the talent from Texas wins this one.   They were leading by 18 last week and let it slip away.   I don't see the same this week.  Final Score Oklahoma State 32 - Texas 24. 

2. #12 Kentucky (6-0) v. #1 Georgia (6-0)- This is a battle of the unbeatens.   There are only 13 undefeated teams left this year and there will be one less following this matchup.   I like what Mark Stoops and the Kentucky Wildcats have been able to do - but this is a Georgia lock.   They will not lose at home.  There shouldn't be any surprise that ESPN Gameday picked this game as the one to travel to this week.   Little question in  this one.   Final score: Georgia 30 v. Kentucky 13

3. #19 BYU (5-1) v. Baylor (5-1) -  Consider this a preview of the new Big 12.   We don't know when but BYU will be joining the Big 12 and this could be the beginning of a bit of rivalry.   Add on top both schools are private and have a religious affiliation.   We'll see who gets the favored by the football gods.  Baylor is a very good team at home.   But, I like the Cougars on the road.  Baylor is beginning to look for real.   Final score: Baylor 38 v. BYU 24

4.  #22 NC State (4-1)  v. Boston College (4-1)  - I guess I have to put an ACC game in here.  There both 4-1 which is the only appeal for me, however I do enjoy some Mack Brown coached teams.  Therefore NC State prevails.   Final Score NC State 33 v Boston College 7.  This was a complete beating. 

5. #18 Arizona State (5-1) v. Utah (3-2) - Like the last entry I suppose I'm forced to call out a PAC 12 game, and if so this is it.   Utah can be tricky at home.   But, I like Herm Edwards and the Sun Devils in this one.   I don't think that Arizona State has hit peak, maybe next gear, but keep an eye on this team for the future, as long as Edwards remains the head coach.   Arizona State in a close one.  Final Score Utah 35 v Arizona State 17.    I didn't see this one coming at all.  

*** Iowa State (3-2)  v. Kansas State (3-2)  - If Iowa State finds a way to lose this game, I will use the entire October Swear Jar allotment.  It is in Manhattan and Iowa State has not won in Manhattan the last 17 trips, so I'm saving the potty mouth for the weekend.   Yet, I'm calling this one a close win with the Cyclones on top.   Brock will find a way to pull it out in the 4th quarter, it is Brocktober after all.   Final Score Iowa State 30 v Kansas State 22.   Iowa State jumped out to a lead and never looked back. 

*** Nothing of interest in The Big Ten - Dig, Jab, Poke, and Pinch.  😁

I have to comment on Purdue dropping a Number 2 all over Iowa.   Final Score Purdue 24 v. Iowa 7.   It does take some offense to win games. 

No comments:

Post a Comment