Tuesday, October 5, 2021

Games to Watch this week.

Iowa State is on Bye this week, therefore we really don't have any must watch tv.   But, I'm a college football junky so here are the games to checkout this week.  Biggest story of the week is where ESPN College Gameday is setting up shop, and not (listed below).  

1.  #13 Arkansas v. #17 Ole Miss.   Both teams are coming off a loss.   Arkansas lost to Georgia last week and Ole Miss lost to Alabama.   Alabama and Georgia seem to be the cream of the Top 25.   Ole Miss is favored by 6.5 I would guess mostly because it is an Ole Miss home game.   I think these teams should be evenly matched.  This is probably the best game to watch all weekend. 

2.  #6 Oklahoma v. #21 Texas.   Oklahoma travels to Austin, TX for the Red River Rivalry game.   Oklahoma is favored by 3 points.   Oklahoma has been squeaking out wins all year.   I hate Texas in general and it makes my body convulse, but I am picking the upside down horns over the sooners.  I believe it is quite interesting that ESPN Gameday choose to travel to Dallas for the game over the Iowa v. Penn State game (which is much more highly ranked).   It looks like our friend ESPN is favoring the future SEC teams over the more highly ranked Big Ten game, is fishy or just smelly.   It makes me wonder who is really running college football right now.  

3. #2 Georgia v. #18 Auburn.   Even though Georgia has to travel to Auburn, AL, Georgia will roll the Screaming Eagles as if Gene Chizik were still their coach.  Georgia is my lock of the week. 

4. #3 Iowa v. #4 Penn State.   Iowa travels to Happy Valley to take on the Nittany Lions.   The funniest part is both teams are unbeaten.   Iowa is in the west side and Penn State in the East side    This could be a potential preview of the Big Ten Championship game.  I'm going to pick Penn State and laugh all Saturday morning during Gameday, not just because I'm an Iowa hater, but I am not so much a fan of the Big Ten either - Ha Ha, he hee.  Iowa can't pull Gameday without the help of Iowa State.   I believe Iowa's run of luck ends this week - I'll take Penn State. 

No comments:

Post a Comment