Thursday, December 16, 2021

Most Valuable College Football Programs.

I saw this graphic on the Twitter Machine, and it got me to thinking.  Which Conferences have the most teams in the Top 25.  I'm counting the new look SEC and New Look Big 12 i mind, not current affiliation. 

  • SEC: 12 teams out of 16 total in conference
  • Big 10: 7 teams out of 14 total in conference
  • PAC 12: 3 teams out of 12 total in conference
  • ACC: 2 teams out of 14 total in conference
  • Big 12: 0 (nil) out of 14 total 
  • Independent: 1 (Notre Dame- loosely tied to ACC) 

How Many of these schools are located in large Metro areas???  I decided to cut it at top 50 metro areas. 

  • Ohio State: Columbus, OH - #14
  • USC: Los Angeles - #2
  • Washington: Seattle - #18
You could clearly argue some of these schools pull from larger metro areas.  But, I find it interesting that the vast majority of these schools are outside of major metro areas. 
  • Texas from Dallas
  • Michigan from Detroit
  • Georgia from Atlanta
  • Penn State from Philadelphia and Pittsburgh
  • Oregon from Portland and Seattle
  • Etc.  
My main point is I believe college sports are separating the haves and the have nots.   I will begin exploring the Transfer Portal and Name, Image, Likeness monies as I look forward to how these issues will continue shape and impact college sports. 


No comments:

Post a Comment