Wednesday, October 24, 2012

The Old Man and The Commish

Last Week my father (The Old Man) was in town and we both laid down our predictions.   Turns out the Old Man knows a thing or two about college football.   The Old Man went 5-5 with predictions while The Commish went 3-5 and lost on the two upset predictions.   I believe my father said and I quote, “Why…You ain’t got gotta lick of sense in your head, boy.   You got more picks wrong than Carters got liver pills.  I guess the book learnin’ stuck to you like a fresh coat of paint in the pouring rain, college boy. “  Uh gee, thanks for the pep talk dad. 

Week 8 Predictions:
#7 South Carolina @  #2 Florida  Dad Florida, Commish: Florida
#4 Kansas State @ #13 West Virginia  Dad Kansas State, Commish: West Virginia

#6 LSU @ #18 Texas A&M – Dad LSU,  Commish: Texas aTm
#17 Texas Tech @ #23 TCU – Dad Texas Tech, Commish: Texas Tech
 
#24 Iowa State @ Oklahoma State Dad Oklahoma State, Commish: Ok-State
 
This weeks predictions are giving me even more grief.   Their are plenty of top ranked teams taking on opponents.
 
Week 9 Predictions:
 
#11 Mississippi State @ #1 Alabama - Alabama with both hands tied behind their back

#2 Florida @ #10 Georgia - I like the Gators over an overanked Georgia team
 
#14 Texas Tech @ #3 Kansas State - Kansas State keeps looking better and better.   Plus their quarterback Collin Klein has moved up in the Heisman race and beginning to step forward.   Kansas State won't make it pretty but they will win. 
 
 
#5 Notre Dame @ #8  Oklahoma - Big XII versus the independent catholic boys.   I'll go with the Big XII.   Notre Dame struggled at home to get a win against Stanford.  This will be a close game, but Boomer Sooner takes the win and ruins Notre Dame's undefeated season
 
Just for fun  #22 Michigan @ Unranked Nebraska - I don't like Nebraska, however I do see Nebraska pulling an upset.   If Nebraska can contain Denard Robinson the Michigan Quarterback Nebraska wins at home.

I'll Preview the Iowa State Baylor Game tomorrow.






No comments:

Post a Comment