Saturday, October 13, 2012

Grumpy Old Troll

Once upon a time there lived a grumpy old troll.   And the grumpy old troll was me.   He lived on his couch on most saturday afternoons in the fall.  Trying to predict the outcome of many college football games.  We definitely have some good ones this weekend.


#3 South Carolina @ #9 LSU  This one is the toughest for me to call, because I really like South Carolina and my heart wants the gamecocks to win.   However, I believe coming off a loss and playing in the swamp of Baton Rouge the #9 LSU wounded Tigers pull the win in this one.   It will either be a blowout by South Carolina or the Tigers win a close one.   I believe the Tigers win a close one.  

#17 Stanford @ #7 Notre Dame This game has many of the Notre Damers more than a little worried.   Because they are back in the Top 10 somewhere they haven't been for quite some time.   If the Domer's lose they would surely lose that top 10 rank, so much is at stake.   I have also heard talk of a potential National Championship match up from some Notre Damers.   But, they are always ones to get ahead of themselves.   Stanford likes to play smash mouth run down your throat football.   They can grind you and wear you down.   However, I'm going to stick with the #7 Irish and call a 10 point win in South Bend, IN. 

Hook 'em or Book 'em Horns
#15 Texas @ #13 Oklahoma "The Red River Rivalry" this is one of the nations biggest rivalry's.   Because neither team carried the national prestige they have in the past the publicity has tappered.   However, both teams are ranked and ranked closely.   Although both teams are well coached, and both teams have top talent, and I personally don't care for either team.   I'm going with the less hated of the two.   Oklahoma and coach Bobby Stoops will pull this one out in Norman, OK.   Why Well I just hate Texas.   I think they are overrated, and the game is on Oklahoma's home turf.   I will say Oklahoma by an easy 7.  

#22 Texas A&M @ #23 Louisiana Tech Why do I care.   Well our old friends at the aTm always catch my eye.  Plus I didn't think this Louisiana Tech team was for really.   However the research shows they play a no huddle up tempo offense and play very fast like Oregon.   I'm going to take Louisiana State over the Texas aTm.    Yes I hate the SEC, yes I hate they ditched the Big XII, and yes I love to see an underdog up and comer making noise.  Louisiana State by 3.
I don't like to call or predict the outcome of the my alma mater Iowa State most because I'm a superstitious troll.   However, I'm going to Kansas State on Upset alert.   Although Kansas State and coach Bill Snyder have owned Iowa State for the past 4 years none of those games have been played in Ames.   The weather report is set to be rainy and bad.   Although Iowa State turns over the ball and the weather report indicates some turnovers in the forecast.   Iowa State can keep the game close and that plays to Iowa States favor.   Like the South Carolina LSU game either K-State runs away with it or Iowa State wins a close one at home.   I like the Clones at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment