Saturday, October 20, 2012

Big Ten Football Fans


Dear Big Ten Football Fan,

I would like to apologize on behalf of our institutions, our fans, and our revenue sharing model.   Much like trickle-down economics, our current model does not work.   For the first time in many years we do not have a single team ranked in the Top 25 BCS rankings.  It is worth noting that Ohio State is currently ineligible due to the NCAA violations.   Who knew you couldn’t hang out with tattoo parlor guys and sell memorabilia.  

Since, we do not currently have a single team in the rankings we have decided to expand our conference to 16 teams.   We have courted Notre Dame for years, but they have decided to get engaged to a basketball conference, silly elves.   We will be looking to add Rutgers, Louisville, or any other team that is currently ranked.   We have even considered Iowa State currently ranked #24, we like what they are doing with their program.

Sincerely,
Jim Delany
Big Ten Commissioner


Predictions this week, but first how did I do last week.   I was 3-2 with my predictions.   I was right about LSU, Notre Dame, and Oklahom.   But wrong with Louisiana Tech and Iowa State.   Still not too shaby.  

This week my father was in town the Commish Senior.  So we both decided to make our selections for the upcoming ranked head to head contests.


#7 South Carolina @  #2 Florida  Dad Florida, Commish: Florida (How did Oregon get jobbed again.   They were #2 in all the other polls and as soon as the BCS rankings come out they go with Florida in the #2 spot and Oregon drops to #3 - I say SEC bias and unfair ranking).   I for one want to see Oregon play Alabama: Speed versus Beef.

#4 Kansas State @ #13 West Virginia  Dad Kansas State, Commish: West Virginia (This one will be about who has the ball last and time of possesion.   WVU scores fast but that could be a disadvantage)

#6 LSU @ #18 Texas A&M – Dad LSU, Commish: Texas aTm (only Gino Smith has been responsible for more points than Johnny Manziel a freshman and currently leads the SEC with 676 rushing yards from aTm)

#17 Texas Tech @ #23 TCU – Dad Texas Tech, Commish: Texas Tech (Texas Tech is the only team that ranks top 10 in both Offense and Defense)

#24 Iowa State @ Oklahoma State Dad Oklahoma State, Commish: Ok-State 
I will comment on the Iowa State game as I always do.   I fully expect Iowa State to get piss pounded in this game.   I expect something like 35-7.   Iowa State upset Oklahoma State at home last year, and it cost Ok-State a shot at the National Championship.   I don't think anyone in Stillwater has forgotten about that game, and they will be coming for blood.   However, just to cover my bases like a Presidential Debate, Iowa State does have a solid defense.   That means we could keep it close and make a game of it.   But I suggest Iowa STate will be 4-3 on Sunday.

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment