Thursday, November 10, 2011

Sickened and Disgusted.

What Can I Say???
Joe Paterno is out after 46 years as Head Coach of the Penn State Nitanny Lions.  46 years is longer than I have been alive.   He has had a long an upstanding legacy up until the last week.  This one really sickens me and disgusts me.   I just can't even try to joke about this one.   It makes me want to say, "really did you let all of that happen, Grandpa?"  In some ways there are many in the College Football community that look up to Joe Pa as a Father and a Grandfather figure.   I guess in some ways we all kind of knew the departure of Joe Paterno wasn't going to end with a pretty little bow on the package.


Missouri formerly announced that they are leaving the Big XII for greener pastures.   I say, "Fine, Good, Who needs ya."  Good luck next I believe you will have similar results that Colorado has had this year.   They currently have one win in the positive column.  This headline conveniently just pushed under the rug with Penn State making headlines nationally.   I've attached a clip that sums up my thoughts.




Iowa State wins over Kansas: That makes Iowa States record 5 Wins 4 Loses.   One more win and Iowa State is bowl eligible.   I've attached a clip on what I think the odds are for Iowa State making a bowl game.   Iowa State has three more chances for a win this season.   However they are probably the three toughest opponents that we will have to face all year.   First up, Oklahoma State ranked #2 in the nation, then off to Norman, OK to face the Oklahoma Sooners who are currently ranked #6 in the nation.   Then Iowa State travels to Manhattan, KS to take on the Kansas State Wildcats.   Not the easiest way to finish up a football season.  If by chance Iowa State pulls out another win, I'll be doing a little dance.   Sure, it will be as white as Tom Sawyer's fence.   But, I'll throw in some epileptic hand gestures and some timely hip thrusts for artistic flair. 








No comments:

Post a Comment