Monday, November 22, 2021

Who Has Had The More Disappointing Season ???

Mack Brown North Carolina Coach
Iowa State was ranked #7 in the nation before a down was played in the preseason poll 2021 NCAA Football Preseason Rank.  There was much discussion about Iowa State potentially becoming a BCS playoff team, due to the senior and experienced talent from the Iowa State Squad.  While #10 North Carolina coached by our good friend Mack Brown former Texas Longhorns coach that won a national championship with Vince Young at Texas in 2005 (over 15 years ago).   North Carolina landed at #10 in the preseason rankings.   Where are we now? 

Currently both squads are 6-5, and unranked.   North Carolina has lost games to two ranked teams #11 Notre Dame and #21 Pitt.  Yet they were able to upset league leading #9 Wake Forest.  Iowa State has lost to ranked #10 Iowa and #13 Oklahoma.  Iowa State also lost to Baylor who has risen to be currently ranked #9.  Iowa State also had their big name upset against #8 Oklahoma State.   Current Rankings:  Current NCAA AP Top 25 Rank 

Both teams have a very similar resume.  It might be fun if we somehow find a way to match up with them in bowl game.  I'm not a North Carolina Tar Heel's fan.   But, if I were I'm guessing I would be feeling the same level of disappointment that I feel with this current Iowa State Team.   Don't get me wrong - I'm an Iowa State fan and I love Matt Campbell, but I can't help but feel major disappointment with the season.   But most of all it leaves me with the feeling for the year of what could have been.  Both schools will begin looking forward to the basketball season, if they haven't already. 

How do you feel about this Cyclone Season, at 7-5 or God Forbid 6-6?    It makes me feel the same way I would if I showed up to a party and they served soup and salad with an assortment of veggie trays for a Thanksgiving Celebration.  It would send me straight to the table with the rocks glasses, and brown liquid.  

No comments:

Post a Comment