Sunday, December 1, 2013

Yes there is a Santa Claus W. Virginia

Thank You Santa!
Iowa State Wins 52-44.  I didn't actually catch the game because, I was traveling back to Minnesota after my annual Thanksgiving visit to Iowa.   I had intentionally planned to leave my parents house at 2:00 so I could pick up the game on the radio on my way home.   I was thinking I could listen to the game to help pass the time.   I was able to pick up the game and I began listening to it, until the middle of the 1st quarter.   I listened right up to the point where we were down 17-0, and this was after two back to back turnovers after three Iowa State plays.  

However, I'm not totally a fair weather fan.   When we stopped in Mason City for a Bio-break, I checked the score.   It was 21=38 with 14:xx to go in the fourth quarter.   Needless to say I was deflated.  

Later during our drive my wife Mary says, "we are tied and in our third overtime."
I was all like, "What????"
I was trying to find the game and then decided not to jinks it.   Thank goodness for DVR.   Therefore, I'm breaking down the film this morning.  This was one of the things on my Christmas list, thank you so much Santa Claus.

No comments:

Post a Comment